-Student Textbook - Hardcover - Saxon Algebra 1/2 - Third Edition
-Tests & Answer Key
Algebra 1/2 is made up of five instructional components:
- Introduction of the New Increment
- Examples with Complete Solutions
- Practice of the Increment
- Daily Problem Set
- and Cumulative Tests.
Algebra 1/2 covers all topics normally taught in prealgebra, as well as additional topics from geometry and discrete mathematics.
It is recommended for seventh-graders who plan to take first-year algebra in the eighth grade or for eighth-graders who plan to take first-year algebra in the ninth grade.
Algebra 1/2 represents the study of prealgebra mathematics.
The textbook contains answers to odd-numbered problems, and an answer key is provided
for all homework problems.
A Solutions Manual is also available for step-by-step solutions to the homework problems. See the product category: SOLUTIONS GUIDE
In Algebra 1/2, students will learn:
- fractions and their arithmetic operations
- decimals and their arithmetic operations
- mixed numbers and their arithmetic operations
- signed numbers and their arithmetic operations
- order of operations
- place value
- unit conversions: scientific notation
- evaluation and simplification of algebraic expressions
- the solution of linear equations in one unknown
- word problems involving algebraic concepts
- surface area
- classification of geometric figures and solids
- geometric construction
Saxon Algebra, Revised, Home Study Kit
This kit contains all necessary materials for one student and one teacher for a full school year.
Kit includes a textbook, test booklets, and an answer booklet.